Thursday, December 22, 2011

Words

Hope.



It is just a word.

Yet just hearing this word stirs in me something real, a cord that quivers, a quickening of my heart. This, followed by a quietness of my soul, a knowing restfulness that sees the "dawn of redeeming grace." That may have become just a phrase in a Christmas hymn that is sung countless times year upon year...yet for me it is a reality.

Jesus, Lord at his birth.

A group of shepherds were startled by a proclamation of this hope, when one night the sky exploded with light and shouts of a heavenly host pouring out praise to the King interrupted the shepherds' mundane, hope-less night. Though I have yet to see the sky filled with angels (perhaps I never will), their light, which comes from their and my King, has penetrated my heart and its beams prick my soul daily with a reminder of




Hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment